Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Monday, December 26, 2005

Well it took 24 hours to get over my hangover. I can’t decide if it’s my age or if it’s just because I don’t drink very often that my hangovers seem to get worse every time. I always vow that I won’t drink ever again but then as time goes on I forget how bad the hangovers are and I convince myself that I’ll be fine this time. One day I’ll learn my lesson and give it up for good. Yeah right, til next time!!

So after spending most of Christmas day with my head stuck in the toilet bowl, I decided that, despite the rain, I needed an extra long run to clear out the cobwebs and get myself feeling better again. I did 16 km, and it turned out to be just what I needed. It was really mild but not cold and almost eerily quiet, there was just no-one around and it was kinda misty and dark. I love being out when it’s like that, it feels like I’m the only person in the whole world.

Anyway, I feel a lot better today and I’m glad that Christmas is mostly over. I didn’t hear from anyone in my family, I don’t know why I still think that one day, someone will contact me. They never do though. It still hurts that my family can be so judgmental and decide to sever all ties with me just because they don’t approve of the person I fell in love with. I know it’s not just me and that lot’s of people have to make difficult choices when it comes to relationships but it makes me so angry and so hurt at the same time. I think we’re beyond reconciliation now but I still hope that one day, my Mom or my sister will call me. I would love to be a real aunty to my nephew, but my sister thinks I make poor lifestyle choices and doesn’t want her son to have anything to do with me.

Anyway, that’s enough self-pity for now; I’ve decided to start putting together a list of New Year’s resolutions. I always break most of them but I try and keep just one if I can. I’m gonna give it some thought and then I’ll post my final list on here in the next few days.

It would be great if other people would add their list of resolutions to my blog too so I can see what people are planning for 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home