Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wow I now have a blog!! This is cool! I spend a fair amount of time on the internet anyway, so I figured it was time I created my own page as everyone else seems to be doing it.

I guess I should introduce myself; I’m female, 41, slim, with shoulder length blonde hair. I must say, I look pretty darn good for my age. I keep fit by running, skiing or cycling every day; there are some great trails around my area so I have no excuse for not getting out there and taking advantage of this beautiful town. I don’t even mind the rain.

I’m single, have been for a while. It suits me at the moment as I am not quite ready for any more emotional roller coasters, although that’s not to say that I want to stay single forever, I’m just not sure that now is the right time for me, plus, there’s nowhere to meet people around here so I’ll probably be on my own forever anyway.

I like reading and listening to music; I love all kinds of music but I guess I’m a country girl at heart. Music makes me happy and I listen to it constantly. I’m also a movie buff. Regular TV bores me but I like to keep up with the news and some of the documentaries and I hate reality TV!

I have no kids, but 2 dogs and 3 cats to keep me company. My dogs are great. Coco is my male, a brown lab and Lacy is my female, a black lab. They are great company, but not so brave when it comes to protecting me!

Well, since that’s it about me. It’s so cool to think that this is really a piece of history that I’ve created. Maybe one day when I’m dead and gone people will look back on my blog and think “she sounds like a nice person”. Who knows?

Most other blogs I’ve seen talk about current events so……what’s in the news today? Feel free to keep me informed, my cable is down lots with the weather around here!

Well, its the run up to the federal election and things are getting a little heated with Stephen Harper and Paul Martin mud-slinging about Quebec separatism. January 23rd next year will be Election Day; it’s also the day that’s apparently been proven to be the most depressing day of the year according to a recent article on CBC. I think Christmas is a pretty depressing time of the year anyway, those of us who are alone feel REALLY alone at Christmas but, oh well, I’ll survive.

Well, I think that’s pretty good for my first blog entry. I hope someone reads this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home