Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Monday, May 29, 2006

Well I may have done a really stupid thing, I’ve arranged to meet a guy in person that I met in a chat room and I’m not sure now whether it’s a good idea or not. I’ve been chatting to him for a few weeks now and he sounds really nice. He of course doesn’t know about my blog so I’m pretty safe to talk about him here.

He’s 52 years old and he’s from Saskatchewan but he travels to BC regularly on business. He works in the construction industry and he’s divorced and he has grown up kids. Anyway, we met through an adult friend finder chat room and then we started emailing. He’s next in BC on business next week (June 10th) and I’ve arranged to meet him in Prince George for the weekend; I’m so nervous. I’m wondering if I’ve made a big mistake!! On the other hand, it may also be a great time and he might be a great guy and we might get along really well.

I’ve been out of the dating scene for so long that I really don’t know how it works anymore. I have no idea what to wear or what to talk about. We are staying in a hotel and I’ve left it up to him to make the arrangements but what if he books us in a room together? What are the rules about sex and will he think that that’s what I’m meeting him for? This could just be a big mistake but then again, if I cancel it, I may have missed a great opportunity. He sent me a photograph of himself and he looks so nice too, he has really short dark hair and piercing blue eyes which is just my type, he’s also really funny too and makes me laugh, which I think is really important.

I can’t decide what to do, I feel kinda sick but also kind of excited as well. He says his wife left him for another man about 6 years ago and he had dated from time to time since but he doesn’t want any big commitment, which suits me too. I really need to make a decision about this soon so I can let him know if I’m not going to meet him after all. I wish I had someone to talk to about this. Opinions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home