Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well the situation in Lebanon is going from bad to worse by the look of things, that war seems so senseless to me. Another Canadian soldier’s body was brought back to Canada from Afghanistan today, speaking of senseless wars, you know if everyone just kept themselves to themselves and minded their own business the world would be a much better place.

I was also reading in the news that the Canadian Judicial system wants to change the rules about convicted murders being automatically eligible for parole after serving 25 years and I’m not really sure what I think about that. I think that it depends on the crime I guess and the criminal history of the prisoner but my initial reaction is, if they’ve served 25 years they’re probably not going to be a threat anymore although there is always the problem then of reintegrating someone back into society after that length of time. Bob had served a fairly lengthy sentence and he found it impossible to lead a normal life when he came out of jail. He couldn’t get work, and it seemed the only way he knew how to make money was through crime at least on some level. All his friends and contacts were people he knew from prison so he never really stood a chance. We were just trying to get his name changed when he quit on me.

Although he was a good person and I never doubted that he wanted to leave his past behind, the authorities wouldn’t let him. Even though on the surface they were nice to him, he was always being persecuted (checked and judged) wherever he went which is why we decided to move to a really remote place and keep ourselves private. I don’t regret that at all, I would have done anything for him and I never considered any other alternative. I believe that if you love someone it has to be unconditional and you have to do what needs to be done to keep the relationship going and make the other person happy.

I really do hope that I can meet someone who has the same morals and ideals as I do and who isn’t going to judge me over my past. Some days I’m more optimistic than others but I do still believe that there is someone out there who would like to be with an attractive, self-sufficient woman who has a lot to offer and doesn’t ask too much in return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home