Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Friday, August 18, 2006

Well I read the first 40 pages of my book last night! It looks like it is going to be a good read. I get so emotionally attached to all the characters. The little girl who is the main character in this book is the daughter of well to do parents and live in an affluent area of Phnom Penh in Cambodia. The family is forced to flee the city and live in the country during the civil war. Loung Ung is a powerful writer. I thought about her words as I ran this morning. What a harsh way to grow up. To have to live amongst such racism and discrimination must be a terrible feeling. It would literally destroy me as I am sure it has done so many people in the past.

I’m busy in the yard today. I have almost a half acre of lawn to cut. I have a riding mower, but it still takes some work. I like things to look natural rather than manicured, but still neat and kept. I like to gather drift wood for my fences and rounded stones from the rivers or ocean shore. I am so lucky to live in this area of the world. I never plan to move. If I ever marry, I hope my husband will fall in love with my home as much as I have. I would hate to have to give this all up. I would of course for the right man, but like I said, I hope the right man with fall in love with the lifestyle and home that I have created. I only hope he finds me soon. It seems a long time ago that Bob left me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home