Title>Still Waters Run Deep

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wow I can’t believe it’s the end of August. Where did the summer go? I have been doing so much outdoors, yet the summer still seems to be slipping by so fast! I had the most amazing paddle last night. I just love being out on the water after everyone else has settled in for the night. Even if it’s raining it’s still so peaceful. I did my run super early this am. 5:45am! It was still a wee bit dark. It made me sad because I know fall is really coming. I actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt instead of my usual tank top. But for some reason I woke up just bounding with energy and wanted to get out there first off. I usually eat breakfast first, but I hear it’s better to run on an empty stomach anyway. That way you are burning more calories of fat as you are using yesterdays reserves. I am fortunate enough not to have to worry about that really anyway. I am quite conscious about keeping myself in good enough shape that I don’t carry anything extra. I just don’t feel comfortable with even an extra pound or too.

Oh my god, I am so sorry, I forgot to reply to my messages! But in all honesty I tried a couple times, but my stupid dial up was down. Bob I am so sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Today is the day!

So the interesting stuff in the media this week is mostly surrounding John Karr the US citizen who was incarcerated in Thailand, likely for child sex related offences; he claimed to have, “been with JonBenet when she died”, so naturally the US government spent resources flying him first class back to the US to stand trial for the murder. Apparently he was her tutor or something. Of course his wife states he did not commit the offence, so they can’t link him. She claims he was with her at the time of JonBenet’s death. It was a genius plan on his part really. Now he is free from the Thai prison he was in, didn’t even have to pay for his own flight home and authorities are now telling the world he is innocent! I have always thought it was her family that killed her. A jealous wife? An abusive father? I mean who lets or should I say forces their child parade around like a little child prostitute anyway? I recall the authorities saying there were signs of old sexual abuse on JonBenet’s body. How sad. I am not surprised John Karr was found to be unassociated. He’s just a guy who’s a little nuts, or a lot nuts, and saw an opportunity to gain his freedom. I can’t blame him for wanting that, unfortunately as I stated before I don’t think there is any rehabilitation for sex offenders, so I really don’t like hearing he’s been released into society again. It almost makes me crazy thinking about it. The best place for guys like him would have to be in prison where justice could be served by those most capable of serving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home